- Kōhanga Reo celebrate 20 years
- Changes with funding by MOE – Kōhanga Reo now classified as parent/whanau led
- Teacher led funding increases – Kōhanga does not qualify for this
- Whānau led funding remains the same
- Triparty agreement signed between Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust, Ministry of Education and Te Puni Kōkiri
- Te Ha o Te Tupuna research project under Te Puni Kōkiri funding
Patroness: Dame Te Atairangikaahu
Chairperson: Te Ahorangi Timoti Karetu
Trustees: Tau Henare; Druis Barrett; Heke Huata; Iritana Tawhiwhirangai; Te Ao Peehi Kara; Te Ariki Moerehu; Sir Graham Latimer.
- Te Whariki and Te Whāriki a Te Kōhanga Reo is legislated. Te Kōhanga Reo has its own marautanga
- Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust develop criteria specific to the movement.
- Kōhanga Reo not eligible for 20 hour free funding
- Re-licensing under the new 2008 ECE regulations
- New Government, National is appointed and announce that all Kōhanga Reo will be eligible for 20 hours free as at 1 July 2010.