- Tino Rangatiratanga Whakapakari training course – pilot with 20 ākonga.
- Tohu Whakapakari registered Level 7 on the NZ Qualifications framework.
- Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust changed their name to Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust Board
- Dr Tamati and Tilly Reedy provide the framework and concept and name for the new EC Curriculum which is “Te Whariki”
819 Kōhanga Reo operating. The Trust registered with NZQA as a Private Training Provider PTE. First intake of 220 ākonga on the new three year Whakapakari course for kaiako. Course is funded by the Ministry of Education
- 819 Kōhanga Reo operating.
- The Trust registered with NZQA as a Private Training Provider PTE.
- First intake of 220 ākonga on the new three year Whakapakari course for kaiako. Course is funded by the Ministry of Education
- Te Korowai developed based on “Peka Matua” & Blue Book syllabus
- Te Korowai signed by TKRNTB – John Bennett (Chairman) and Dr Maris O’Rourke (for Minister of Education).
- Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust is chartered to the Ministry of Education on behalf of all Kōhanga Reo
- Te Whāriki Professional Development Programme Te Ara Tuatahi o Te Kōhanga Reo (Level 2) and Te Ara Tuarua o Te Kōhanga Reo (Level 5) courses approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. Both are one year courses.
Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust Board Members
Te Arikinui Dame Te Atairangikaahu
Paton Sir Mokonuiarangi Bennett
Chairman Professor Tīmoti Karetū
Deputy Chairman Kahurangi Lady Rose Henare
Kaumātua Mr Te Ao Peehi Kara
Cultural Advisor Mrs Areta Koopu
President MWWL Sir Graeme Latimer
Chairman NZMC Mrs Iritana Tawhiwhirangi MBE – General Manager Operations
- Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust amended to Sir John Mokonuiarangi Bennett, Te Ao Peeh, Kara Atareta Koopu, Lady Rose Henare and Professor Tīmoti Karetū
- Te Ara Tuatahi and Te Ara Tuarua are launched across the country
- Tino Rangatiratanga Whakapakari – Inaugural Graduation at Turangawaewae
- Hui Taumata for Tino Rangatiratanga Whakapakari
- Te Umanganui Professional Development programme
- Te Whariki official launch by MOE
- DTRU & LTRU are disbanded.
Te Pataka Ohanga established 1st Scholarships awarded to kōhanga Reo graduates.
- All Kōhanga Reo receive a computer and training is provided.
- New revised ECE regulations introduced
Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust launch 3 year strategic plan
Whakapiki i te Reo – Kura Reo Professional Development wānanga commence.