Start Date: 24 February 2020
End Date: 20 November 2020
Programme Length: One Year (36 weeks)
Programme Cost: Fees Not Applicable
Te Takaimatua provides a solid foundation of study skills, and career development. The programme also prepares ākonga for an administration career within affiliate Kōhanga Reo using skills and knowledge in general business administration and technology.
You will develop skills and knowledge of:
- Ngā Pou e Wha (a Te Kōhanga Reo), the background and orientation of Te Kohanga Reo movement
- The background and history to the establishment of a specific Kōhanga Reo
- Tertiary study skills and knowledge and confidence to succeed in your chosen studies and in the workplace.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Business administration skills such as minute-taking, budgeting and mokopuna enrolment
- Kōhanga Reo specific administration tools such as Maramataka, Xero and Netpay
You will be able to:
- Develop personal study and career plans
- Develop communication skills to enhance interpersonal skills
- Deliver kaupapa focused administration services to whānau as well as develop ethical and professional administrative practices
- Become conversant with mokopuna enrolment
- Use Te Kōhanga Reo administration tools to support mokopuna and whānau
At the end of this programme, ākonga will receive the:
- NZ Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3)
- NZ Certificate in Business Administration and Technology (Level 4).
How will you study:
Through blended delivery including set training days, wānanga, hui, workshops, group work and online research.
To enrol on this course, kaitono (applicants) must:
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Have basic computer skills
- Be supported by your Kōhanga Reo whānau
- Have a desire to pursue career pathways in Kōhanga Reo