ACHIEVEMENTS FOR 2015
- Initiating the close-off of the Matariki Year. The final courses to complete this academic year being Whakapakari Year 2 and 3s from 2014 cohort.
- Have already met the EFTs target of 876 – currently at 893
- Course Completion rate is currently at 74%, however, this could change by Jan SDR
- Our 2016 Investment Plan was approved by TEC – 876 EFTs and 5.3 mil.
- We received a ‘confident’ outcome for our NZQA EER – we have 3 years until the next EER
- TA1 review completed. – working through changes from review process – Kete 1 only to be circulated, to allow for new Kete to be completed and reprinted.
- Whakapakari still ongoing – aim to complete in first 6 months 2016
- Moderation for Takaimatua completed – achieved our moderation requirements.
- Internal moderation via our 3 cluster roopu completed – focus was on revisiting how assessment takes place, and how then we moderate decisions regarding ākonga mahi.
- Thanks to DMs and rohe for agreeing to the cluster approach to Moderation – and we look forward to continuing with the internal moderation process with a further layer that involves and external person for our Reo programmes.
- Te Taikaimatua Pilot completed – hui held in November where review of workbook and programme completed with Takaimatua trainers.
- Te Ata Raukura pilot ran last of the programmes last week. Mixed results from initial pilot, which have helped to review and revise the way in which this is delivered. All graduates will be advised to respective rohe and aim is to incorporate within their 2016 Korowaitanga.
- Te Ata Raukura available for 2016 – 6 rohe indicated numbers of between 10 – 20.
- We had 20 kaimahi on the NCALN – 3 have completed, and the remainder of 17 have until May next year to complete the last of their assessments for this course.
- Continue to work on Whakapakari review
- Equivalency of WHKP tohu with TRB criteria
- Enrolments and implementing new academic year 15 Feb 2016.